* What impression are you trying to make on visitors with your interior and do you think you have accomplished this?
The impression on the visitor is not that important to me. Most important to me is creating a place where I can feel good. Combining work and living in one place. Most of all I find it quite hard to invite people. Because this place is so important to me.
* What's your favorite piece of furniture in your house?
I have several, because I am a selective collector.
Some of my favorite pieces in the house are :
- an old type writer for blind people
- two old Mercedes car chairs in my living room
- glass cloches (I'm addicted to glass)
- some Chinese furniture
- a small wooden elephant I received from friends for my last birthday
- And some small objects found in nature or in the streets that I sacrifice to my plants. Hoping they are happy with it and they will grow and live happily!
* Is it hard to keep your working and living space separate?
In some way it is very difficult, but it is also a big luxury.
When I need free time, I like to make a little trip to the city : a little walk, some friends, cinema, shops, magazine, buildings, the Scheldt, a pub.
It is very hard to stay at home, because I will automatically begin to work.